Thursday, September 9, 2010

Surfs up!

The next 10 days, I managed to surf 9 of the 10 days, with one rest day due to pretty cruddy weather. For 4 of those days, my friend from high school Andy Backlund joined me in central Oregon. The two surf spots that I enjoyed the most were Oswald West beach in Northern Oregon and Otter Rock Beach just north of Newport Oregon. Andy has just picked up surfing in the past year with me and is quickly becoming addicted with me. Possibly the best part of surfing now is that wherever I go, I get hippy surfers in their subaru outbacks drooling over my van. I kid you not, EVERYWHERE I go, I have at least 2 conversations with strangers about the van. Soooooo proud :). I keep telling them having a '74 van is awesome. . . . when it is running. More on that later.












Driving the Oregon coast daily was simply stunning. Aside from surfing Andy and I managed to visit some of the local sites from the Rogue Brewery (or as Andy pronounces it "Brewerery") headquarters, to cool little seaside towns with some of the best breakfasts. At the camp site we managed to pass time in the evenings playing Molkky (Game much like Bocci, just 10 times more fun), the generals board game (a game Andy I played in high school. . . yes he brought it with him), and watching the big Lebowski. . . about 5 times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment