Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pre-sabbatical summer

The anticipation of sabbatical #2 sorta passed me by in a hurry. The last two months leading up to it were consumed by prepping the VW van for the first half of my adventures. the list is too long to comment on what all I did to it, but all I know is that is wasn't cheap. In summary, I built new custom cabinets, torn and replaced everything I could out of the engine, got a cheap paint job, and small things here and there. The biggest improvemnt came with the help of Margie who went out and bought a sewing machine and re-upholstered the interior seats / fold down bed and curtains. After months of work and a few dollars here and there, I couldn't be happier with it. It is like driving a new car, and I will later out on my journeys, many other people will think it looks fantastic! Margie and I very proud of our work. . . see for yourself:

1 comment: