Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sabbatical Starts . . . . Now.

After last minute curtain hanging and packing thursday night, I drove into my last day of work friday with my van loaded up for over a month of fun. There was major gratification driving away from the Intel parking lot for some reason. . . .

Margie and I drove down the coast for a weekend in Cannon Beach where we celebrated our 4th anniversary together. We had a wonderful weekend of surfing at Indian beach, biking along 101, relaxing morning coffee and nice facny dinners. We lucked out on the weather as it was beautiful and a perfect start to sabbatical. Margie had to leave the next monday to go back to work, but don't feel too bad for her, part 2 of my sabbatical she will join me for Japan, Vietnam, and Thailand! Oh yeah, almost forgot about the best part. . . .I got Margie to drive the van for the first time

2 comments:

  1. Margie you look so proud...and so natural behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every chick behind the wheel of a vw van looks HOT! margie dear, you're no exception!

    ReplyDelete